Electric Car Chargers
How to get your Electric Car Charger in less than 3 minutes?
Just call us and we will have you settled in a swift!
So you ask, when is it a good time to buy an electric car?
NOW, of course…WHY?
1. Did you know that the federal government, the state of Florida and the Miami utility companies are all offering financial incentives to inspire everyone to switch to EV’s (Electric Vehicles).
2. From rebates and tax breaks for installing chargers and charging your EV during night-time, there a quite a few ‘reasons’ worth checking out.
3. Installing a charger for an electric car is a different approach…being an EV is distinctive than a Hybrid EV. The Hybrid EV runs on its’ electric battery and when the battery starts to run low the car switch to gas, where the EV vehicle is a fully “plu-ins” only, known as PEV. In this case you should charge your car nightly in your garage or carport (or where ever your car sleeps) just as you do your cell phone.
"The car comes with a charging cord, called Level 1 charger, and runs with the regular house current of 120 volts".
4. The outlet to charge your car needs to have a dedicated circuit, where no other appliances can be connected to it. Our experienced electricians will make sure you have the correct volts and they will check if your electric panel has enough capacity or if you need an upgrade. Our electricians will also advise you on your possible rebates and tax rates and so on.
5. A Level 1 charger is quite inexpensive to setup, but it is quite slow, and for those that drives long distances and don’t have the ability to the your car nightly, for many hours, it is recommend that you get a Level 2 charger, which boost your charging to double the speed. The Level 2 charger comes in a container of about 18”x18” that you can setup in your garage wall (or outside your house wall). With the hose that it comes with, all you really have to do is plug it in (like putting gas) and when its full it shuts off by itself.
6. A Level 2 charger is 240 volts instead of 120 volts, like the Level 1. You most definitely need an EV charger experienced electrician, so that they can check to determine if your circuit can take the electrical load or if you should upgrade and so on.
Call the experts, call our Kendall Electricians now! 305-396-3598
Call Now !!
Air Conditioning Electrical Repairs
Ceiling fans and customs installations
Electrical Panel Upgrades